With growing consumptions of fatty foods and working stressful careers, heart disease has become the leading cause of death for men and women worldwide. A lot of factors contribute to heart disease, from weight, diet and family history. But in Japan, they have been drinking a little green powder for over 500 years and it can reduce the risk of heart disease with 3 important factors.
3 Factors That Help This Green Powder Reduce Risk For Heart Disease
- This green powder is loaded with Saponins. Saponins work to lower the absorption of cholesterol and creatine in the body. In return this increases the good (HDL) cholesterol in your blood. Cholesterol is an important piece to heart health, but just not any cholesterol, lowering bad (LDL) Cholesterol and increasing good (HDL) Cholesterol is key. LDL Cholesterol clogs the arteries and blocks blood flow, while HDL Cholesterol works to clear the body of artery clogging plaques.
- Uses the amino acid L-theanine to relieve stress. The mental strain on your body is as important as the physical strain. Keeping your mind in a relaxed, calm state of mind will aid in having a healthy heart. The strain of everyday stress has been seen to contribute to high blood pressure and even stroke. L-theanine helps the brain produce GABA and Glycine neurotransmitters. Both have been found to reduce anxiety and stress signals in the brain, which in turn will have a positive effect on your heart and stress level.
- Its Polyphenols will help your circulation and blood flow. Not many people know of Polyphenols but they work to relax your blood vessels and ease blood flow. Since the heart is the fuel bump for the body it’s vital we keep our vessels and the blood flow smooth.
By now you’re probably wondering what is this mysterious powder that sounds so wonderful. Well, before I introduce you to this superfood here are a few things people have said about it.
“This stuff actually tastes good, helps your immune system and helps us lose weight.”
“I will be keeping this in my cabinet from now on”
“This is amazing, healthy, tasty and good for you….. WOW….. Will be using this daily ”
This Mystery Powder Is……..
So let me share with you this powder, it’s called Matcha . Most people have never heard of Matcha and that is fairly common. Matcha is a powdered form of Green Tea, it has been used in Japan for over 500 years. (No wonder the Japanese have one of the longest life expectancies.) Unlike regular green tea with matcha only the top tea leaves are used in the tea. The tea plant is covered with a tarp for 3 weeks, this produces extra chlorophyll and gives the tea leaves a vibrant green color. After the 3 weeks the top leaves are plucked from the tea plant. Then the leaves are ground into the fine powder we know as matcha.
With matcha you consume the entire tea leaf, not just the minerals you get from steeping tea like you do with a tea bag. Matcha is the champagne of tea, and its health benefits prove it.
- Can reduce blood pressure and Improve Heart Health
- Packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies Body effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Filled with vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Lowers cholesterol
How To Use Matcha
The best way to incorporate matcha into your diet is basically anyway that is best for you. Since Matcha is powdered that’s even more of a reason to give it a try. You can drink matcha as a tea just mix 1 teaspoon with 6-8 ounces of water. Or you can add matcha to your favorite smoothie, shake or anything you cook with. I personally like to make ice cream and lattes with mine. Tasty and healthy is a combo you can’t beat.
Make Me Healthier
In today’s world its getting harder to make healthy choices. With a Starbucks and McDonalds on every corner salty, and sugary foods are just a drive thru away. We all want to be healthier but sometimes a healthy option is just not available. At least with Matcha you can always have a healthy powder to add to water for a healthy beverage. Or you can add matcha to smoothies or shakes to give them a healthy boost. I say give Matcha a try, this little step can have a bigger impact on your health then you know.